Please read the following rules before using Lupinar!
Upon joining the Lupinar community, regardless if it’s the chatlands site, website, or forum boards, you are acknowledging to have read, understood and agreed to follow the rules laid out before you, and understand that when you break a rule on one site of Lupinar’s, it affects your accounts on all Lupinar sites. Each rule is a given guideline for what cannot be done within the community, and each is enforced by the Lupinar Guardians, and you can and will receive infractions, such as a reminder, warnings, emails and bans, if you are found breaking any of these rules. These rules and its infractions can be edited and/or altered at any time, and an announcement will be made following the changes. If you have any questions, concerns or thoughts on the rules, then please feel free to contact a Lupinar Guardian or feel free to submit a Problem Ticket.
– Lupinar Administration
The Lupinar Ban Ladder
Each rule break will be considered an infraction against one’s account, and most of these rule breaks follow the normal basic steps in which are listed below in the ban ladder, and the actions taken. Each user is in almost all cases, will be given a four month refresh period, in which after four months of no rule breaks, then their slate is wiped clean, and they restart at the beginning of their ban ladder for their account(s). While it’s normal to follow the ban ladder in almost all cases, Lupinar’s Guardians can handle each situation as a case-by-case if they or the rest of the staff deem that further discussion or a different action needs to be taken rather than the next step on a user’s ladder, then they may do so.
First Offense (Chat/Forum/Discord Reminder Message)
Second Offense (Chat/Forum/Discord Message)
Third Offense (Chat/Forum/Discord Message, + email notification)
Fourth Offense (24 hour ban + email notification)
Fifth Offense (3 day ban + email notification)
Sixth Offense (1 week ban + email notification)
Seventh Offense (2 week ban + email notification)
Eighth Offense (1 month ban + email notification)
Ninth Offense (3 month ban + email notification)
Tenth Offense (Permanent Ban + email notification)
Certain rules do not follow the ban ladder above and are automatically faced with a permanent ban in all cases. These would be any threats, hacking, linking to any form of shock or porn sites, sexual propositioning of a minor, hate crimes, faking a death/injury, and underage usage on the sites. These will be described in better detail farther down into the rules, and what steps are taken against them.
To start off, Lupinar is a 14+ site, meaning, you must be at least fourteen years of age, to join Lupinar and be a member. Lupinar established this rule to ensure children will not be exposed to content that may be inappropriate for their age. If you are found to be under the age of fourteen years old, you will be banned from Lupinar permanently whether or not you have parental consent. If you are banned for being underaged you will be allowed to return to Lupinar once you are at least 14 years of age, however you must appeal your ban through the problem ticket system.
Each user is responsible for all actions that are or were taken on their account(s), and should be the only ones accessing and handling their accounts. Saying “I let my sister use my account!” isn’t a valid excuse or an exception in situations where a rule has been broken. Alternative accounts will not be handled as a different account/user, and will still remain on the same ladder as all your accounts will. You are solely responsible for any action taken against your account(s), and it’s up to you to make sure that no one besides yourself accesses your account, and that no rules are broken. If you feel you’ve been hacked, or miscommunication has taken place, please report it to the administration immediately, and it will be looked into.
Owners of a private room are responsible for what happens in said room. This means that when you enter another user’s room, you are subject to their rules. If you do not like the rules laid down by the room owner, we suggest going to another location. The only times that the Lupinar Administration Team will intervene in private rooms are when safety threats (this includes death threats and self harm threats), hack threats, virus threats, suicide threats are made or the propositioning of a minor occurs.
Lupinar is extremely serious when it comes to protecting minors. We make every effort to keep this site safe and enjoyable for all users. Adult users (18+) are subject to additional expectations when interacting with underage users. It is unacceptable for any adult user to expose an underage user (minor) to explicit content of any kind. This rule also covers propositioning minors, exposing them to explicit content, any Not Safe For Work (NSFW) material, or any other potentially unsafe activities. Anyone caught doing so will be permanently banned from ALL Chatlands sites. Instances of propositioning minors will be reported to the appropriate Internet Service Provider (ISP) and/or local legal authorities.
A permanent ban across ALL Chatlands sites will be placed for any cases of propositioning a minor/a minor propositioning an adult, or adult users exposing minors to explicit content of any kind.
Opening or entering another person’s private room on Lupinar, without their their consent, is not acceptable. Using another’s personal room without permission will be considered a form of theft, and said user can be removed from the room and given an official warning. If this occurs, the room owner will need to report it to the Lupinar Administration directly so it can be handled.
Spam / Flooding
Spamming and flooding the chat, community website, or forum boards, can cause lag, and slow down other’s connections to the server, as well as cause displeasure and annoyance to other community members and overtake the atmosphere as a whole and become bothersome. If you are found to be breaking this rule or bordering on breaking it, then you can receive actions taken against your account. These are usually handled as minor infractions, and follow the typical ban ladder.
- Posting three or more topics, or posting over three times within a short period of time that’s regarding the same information.
- Flooding or spamming the community, forum boards, or chatlands site with gibberish, irrelevant information not pertaining to topics or any repeated statements, phrases, or remarks that are excessive.
- Excessive bumping of topics, or rementioning of similar or exact things on chat, when no one else is posting or engaging. You may only rebump a topic in the community boards every twenty-four hours.
Multiple accounts are permitted on Lupinar chat site, however not the Lupinar Community site. When on the chat, please refrain from using multiple accounts in one room. Using multiple accounts to harass or disturb other users will not be permitted.
Role-play is allowed in all public rooms of Lupinar, it is simply asked that you respect others if the majority of the room doesn’t want to role-play, or isn’t engaging in the conversation, that you do not force it on them, or become bothersome with your roleplay. If this isn’t followed, you can receive action taken against your account(s).
Mini-modding is the action of a user who holds no administrative rank, trying to take on the authority or handling of a situation or user, as an administrator would. This isn’t something a user should be worried about, or be handling, for the safety of all parties, as sometimes when a user tries to do this, it can cause more harm, than good. Simply put; outside reporting and a bit of friendly advice, leave moderation to the administrators trained and appointed to handle these situations and users.
While user profiles are encouraged to be used by everyone in the community to express oneself, and show uniqueness for each member, please understand that not all content is acceptable or allowed on Lupinar. Content that is deemed the following will be required to be removed:
- Content that showplaces hate groups, racism, discrimination, malicious or cruel content, graphic content that’s offensive, triggering, or disturbing.
- Links or embedded urls that link directly or redirect to sites that showplace the same content as listed above, images, references, phrases or anything of similar matter.
- Demeaning, degrading or hateful content towards other users, sites, groups, or movements.
- Offensive language, slurs, remarks, or to imply a degrading opinion towards others.
- Explicit content that is above the 14+ rating, such as sexual content, pornography, nudity, fetishes, and gore.
- Illegal substance abuse, underage drinking, and any other illegal activities within the United States.
If you are warned or requested to remove content from your profile, and do not do so, upon your next log in / posting, you will have it manually removed by an administrator and action taken against your account.
Explicit and Inappropriate Content
Lupinar is 14+, meaning that some content isn’t suitable for all it’s audiences that others might be older and are or have been exposed to. To make this fair, all content must be acceptable for all users to view, and follow Lupinar’s guidelines. Action against your account(s) can and will be taken when you’re found doing the following:
- Any linking or public discussion in public rooms to inappropriate material such as sexual content, illegal substances, sensitive material that can be triggering, material that is not filtered or restricted for adult viewing, or viewed as hazardous to those with disorders like epilepsy.
- Linking to pirated or illegal software downloads, tutorials on how to do so, or discussing it in public rooms (This can receive at the least a one month ban)
- Due to United States laws, and COPPA, nudity of any sort isn’t allowed to be linked, and cannot be discussed in explicit detail. Nipples are only allowed on male characters, and sheaths are not allowed on male anthros. Nipples are NOT permitted on any female identifying character or on any non-flat chest/breast, regardless of the gender. Sheaths and nipples on both female and male feral characters are permitted in artwork and images so long they are not detailed, and are non sexualized.
- Subjecting others to or directly linking unfiltered NSFW (“not suitable for work”) content, such as an image, a gallery, or video, to others is not acceptable. Shock sites, porn sites, pornographic images, or any adult content that’s above meant for 18+ is not permitted in public on Lupinar. (This will receive a permanent ban on your account.)
- Controlled substances (including prescription medications and illegal drugs) are allowed to be discussed on Lupinar as long as it is done in an educational or constructive manner. Discussion of controlled substances without the intent to inform in this way is not allowed.
Disturbing the Peace
The act of behaving or causing problems that is upsetting or causing grief, such as disturbance amongst or with the user base, a public room, or a user. Disturbing the peace is done in many different ways, and listed below are the different ways to go about breaking the rule. Some are treated more seriously than others, however none of them are permitted, and action can and will be taken if you’re found to be doing the following:
- Trolling is not tolerated and is seen as to be malicious or harass those within the site, as it’s seen to cause disruption and cause grief. (You will receive a one month ban as the first warning, and if found continuing to do so after your first ban, you then will receive a permanent ban from Lupinar.)
- Faking your own, or someone else’s deaths, traumas and/or accidents. (This will receive a permanent ban on your account.)
- Impersonation of anything or anyone other than yourself, including but not limited too: artists, celebrities, other users, or other people. (This can receive a permanent ban on your account.)
- Discussions of sensitive content that is triggering for other members, such as rape, abuse, self-harm, suicidal comments, or conversations.
- Any conversation or actions that are causing harm, disruption, or causing other users to feel uncomfortable within the site(s) or rooms.
Harassment is not tolerated, or permitted on Lupinar. If you are found harassing a user, a group of users, administrators, within the site, action can and will be taken against your account(s) if you are found to do, but not limited to, the following:
- Pestering, shaming, insulting, causing drama, going around the ignore feature, or attacking any user or group of users on the site.
- Egging on situations, flame wars, causing “riots”, or causing malicious aggression towards a user, a group of users, or towards the site itself.
- Sexual harassment or innuendos directed at a user or group. (this will result in a permanent ban.)
- Stalking members of the community. (this will result in a permanent ban.)
- Naming and shaming any user, or artist, for their work, their lifestyles, or differences.
- Forcing, pressuring, or speaking ill of others beliefs, views, opinions, spirituality, or sexuality.
- Unwanted or negative criticism towards any member of the community.
- Cursing at someone, or done frequently enough to where it’s causing a disturbance for a large portion of users in a room. Cursing at friends jokingly as long as it’s evident is fine, as well as in frustration at yourself, an object, etc.
- Offensive slurs, remarks, or ideals towards other members, or groups (whether it be political, race, nationalities, religious, etc.)
Lupinar has a zero-tolerance policy, in which, no user is permitted to discuss, promote, or use on the site, any forms of media to support any sort of discrimination, racism, hate crimes, policies, or prejudices against any group of people, race, beliefs, religion, and/or ideals in public chat. If found doing so, you will be handled differently from the normal ban ladder, and more severely, as these are handled case by case. If you do not have something nice to say – simply do not say it, and use your best judgement and be considerate in conversations when expressing your opinions, and remain civil with disagreements, regardless if they are not your own. Threats or explicitly harmful and/or dangerous remarks made against any of the lifted above examples, will not follow a case-by-case approach, and will result in an automatic permanent ban from the site.
False reports are also not allowed on Lupinar, as this can be troubling and bothersome to the Lupinar Guardians, as their time can be spent better handling real reports and discussing true problems within the site. If you are found giving false reports, then you will have action taken against your account.
As an art community, Lupinar will not tolerate any level of art theft. Falsely claiming to have created any piece of artwork or other media will result in an immediate suspension depending on the severity of the situation. This includes the following:
Linking material that is not yours but claiming that it is; otherwise known as copyright infringement.
Posting traced or very heavily referenced artwork and claiming it as your own work.
Selling or trading material that does not belong to you.
Using or attempting to use artwork that you do not have permission to use. For example:
The art belongs to someone else.
The artist does not allow the art to be used on Lupinar.
You modify artwork that you are not allowed to modify.
You haven’t paid the artist for the work.
The artwork is of another user’s character that you do not have permission to use.
These are the minimum ban lengths that will occur for art theft scenarios:
Note: Higher ban lengths may be given if deemed necessary, such as to users who have other prior offenses. Each offense is generally treated on a case-by-case basis depending on severity. For example, If it is discovered that you have been stealing art for a long period of time before being caught, you will likely receive a permanent ban.
A warning sent via e-mail and private message on the Lupinar chat for a first offense
A three day ban for a second offense.
A two week ban for a third offense.
A permanent ban for a fourth offense.
Art theft bans are counted against your account just as all other types of bans. However, these bans are treated more seriously and result in harsher punishment. If your account has had previous offenses on it of any kind, your art theft offense will result in a harsher punishment than those listed in the minimum art theft ban ladder as well as those in the general rule ban ladder. For example:
If your previous offense for disturbing the peace resulted in a twelve hour ban, and you then commit an art theft offense afterwards, your art theft offense would result in a one week ban.
A previous three day ban would escalate into a two week ban.
A previous one week ban would escalate into a one month ban.
A previous two week ban would escalate into a permanent ban.
Keep in mind that the ban ladder mentioned previously outlines the minimum punishments for art theft offenses, and that more serious cases may quickly escalate to a permanent ban.
Threats are not tolerated on Lupinar, and will result in a permanent ban if pertains to a death, rape, hack, or virus threat directed at either another user, or the site itself. Other threats such as suicidal, or self-harming, are not allowed either due to the negativity and triggering atmosphere they can cause. Not all threats will follow typical protocol, and can be handled by the Lupinar Staff as a case-by-case situation if saw fit.
Propositioning of Minors
The propositioning of minors will not be tolerated, and will not only result in an immediate permanent ban from Chatlands, but the perpetrator’s ISP, as well as legal authorities / law enforcement will be contacted and could face legal charges. This also applies to any minor trying to proposition an adult.
That’s a wrap!
With these rules, you are now ready to travel into the world of Lupinar, explore and enjoy yourself! Please know that these rules are able to change at any time, and you automatically agree to them upon joining the site, and partaking anywhere of it’s community. Lupinar welcomes you, and encourages you to partake in the atmosphere, and meet new faces, or reconnect with old ones! We appreciate every user who enters our site, and hope that you enjoy Lupinar as much as we do!